Compliance of Indian corporate law is a big issue for its stakeholders. Successive government here talk about ease of doing business and do mammoth task to achieve it with confusion related to directions.
The Companies Act, 2013 followed by end numbers of Companies Rules and their amendment rules was not enough; Ministry of Corporate Affairs launched V2R2 through its high profile contractor Infosys. Now, we have another circular to get some “ease of doing relaxation”. We will discuss short term circular here.
General Circular 03/2016 dated 12th April 2016 aims to Relaxation of additional fees and extension of last date of filing of various e-Forms under the Companies Act, 2013. The circular read as under:
“This ministry has launched V2R2 on 28th March, 2016, downtime was given to Infosys from 25th March 2016 to 27th March, 2016, since the launch of the system, a number of stakeholders have faced issues and representations have been received from stakeholders to resolve the issue including, for allowing waiver of additional till the new system stabilizes.
In view of the above, it has been decided to relax the additional fee payable on e- forms which are due for filing by companies between 25th March 2016 to 30th April 2016 as one time waiver of additional fee and it is also clarified to stakeholders if such due e – forms are filed after 10.05.2016, no such relaxation shall be allowed.
This issues with the approval of the competent authority.”
This circular has many communications to its stakeholders. Most read is, “Forms due for filing during period between 25th March, 2016 to 30th April, 2016 may be filed without additional fee till 10th May 2016”.
The circular contain other interpretation and information:
- Ministry launched V2R2 system and replacing earlier filing system. A simple Google search suggests it as a system developed by IBM.
- Downtime allowed to Infosys was from 25th March 2016 to 27th March, 2016.
- Among other representations, for allowing waiver of additional till the new system stabilizes, was one and prominent.
- Ministry seems to take no blame on itself.
- System may take more time which may not be before 30th April 2016.
- System may have practical trial for first 10 days in month of May.
- Heavy filing may be there in May second half and thereafter plan accordingly.
- Start up India can wait as presently MCA is on trial for it.
It is advisable, not to file any document related to companies without assuming own risk.
This circular does not talk about Limited Liability Companies, to keep trying and assume own risk.
I have just a request with government (please read bureaucracy, Not PM Modi), please understand compliance calendar of stakeholders. December to February may be best time to experiment.
Please note: This blog invite readers to share their comments, suggestions, hardship, queries and everything in comment section. This blog post is not a professional advice but just a knowledge sharing initiative for mutual discussion.