Return of alteration in the documents filed for registration by foreign company
- eForm FC-2 is required to be filed pursuant to Section 380(3) of the Companies Act, 2013 and Rule 3(4) of the Companies (Registration of Foreign Companies) Rules, 2014
- Every foreign company on alterations in the charter or statute or any other instrument governing the company, alterations in the particulars of Director/Secretaries of the foreign company , any change in the registered or principal office of the company in the country of incorporation, any change in the particulars of authorized representative(s) of the company and any change in other places of business in India of the company, has to file eform FC-2 within 30 days of the alterations made. This eForm is required to be filed with Registrar of Companies and a copy is routed to concerned RoC of the respective state by the system. An alert is generated at the concerned RoC to inform of the filing done at RoC, Delhi.
- Enter the Foreign Company Registration Number (FCRN).
- Select options for the type of return. This eForm can be filled for more than one option also.
- Enter the date of board meeting where such alteration has been authorized by the board of directors of the company and user is required to enter the date as DD/MM/YYYY.
- Enter the date of general meeting, if any where such alteration has been authorized by the members of the company and user is required to enter the date as DD/MM/YYYY.
- Part A: Alteration in charter, statute or memorandum of association or articles of association
- In case there is any change in name of the company, mention the changed name of the company.
- Ensure that the name entered is correct as the same shall be displayed in the certificate to be issued by the RoC office.
- Enter the details of new registered or principal office of the company where the foreign company was incorporated in case there is any alteration to the same.
- Enter the date and reasons of such alteration.
PART C : Alteration in the place of business in India of the company
- Enter the number of alterations and maximum seven fields can be regenerated and if alteration is more than seven then same can be attached in attachment no 5.
- Enter the details of alteration like if there is any principal place of business or other places of business or change in address of principal place of business in India, type of office and any approval required for such alteration, any change in business activities and also if there is any cessation of place of business in India.
- Ensure all the due filings from the opening of the principal office to closure of the principal office should have been done since company is no longer maintaining any place of business in India in case of cessation of place of business in India.
Part D : Alteration in the particulars of the directors or secretaries
- Enter the number of alterations and maximum seven fields can be regenerated and if alteration is more than seven then same can be attached in attachment no 6.
- Select the alteration is with respect to directors or secretaries.
- Enter the particulars of alteration like date of alteration, reasons and brief description of such alteration.
PART E : Alteration in particulars of company authorized representative
- Enter the number of representatives whose particulars are required to be changed and maximum seven fields can be regenerated and if alteration is more than seven then same can be attached in attachment no 7.
- Enter the type of alteration in particulars to authorized representative, effective date and reasons of such alteration.
- Enter approved DIN, if any and it is mandatory to enter valid income tax PAN in case of modified details of person to accept service of documents on behalf of the company.
- Select the option whether the authorized person has been appointed through power of attorney or board resolution.
- Certified true copy of the Board resolution, if any
- Copy of the general meeting resolution
- Copy of approval letter (it is mandatory if any approval is required for such alteration).
- Translated version of the documents in English (in case documents attached are not in English).
- Particulars of alterations in the place of business in India of the company
- Particulars of alteration in details of the directors or secretaries
- Particulars of alterations in details of the company authorized representative
A system generated certificate for Establishment of Place of Business in India consequent upon change of name and certificate for closure of place of business consequent upon cessation of principle place of business are issued by Registrar and is sent as an attachment to the email id of the company, after approval is granted.
Please note: I welcome your comments and feedback. This blog post is not a professional advice. Readers may share this post on social media by using buttons given here.