Application for approval of Central Government for change of name
- This form is required to be filed pursuant to Section 13 (2) of the Companies Act, 2013 and rule 29(2) of the Companies (Incorporation) Rules, 2014.
- An existing company seeking for change of name shall apply to Central Government (RoC) by filing an application in eForm INC-24. For changing the name, company is required to have a name reserved by filing eForm INC-1 and shall have passed the special resolution.
- Enter an approved SRN of eForm INC-1
- User needs to file this eForm within 60 days from the date of applying for reservation of name by way of filing eForm INC-1
- Enter the reason(s) due to which the company wishes to apply for the change of name of the company.
- Enter the SRN of eForm MGT-14 filed for registration of special resolution passed for change of name.
- Enter the details of the number of members and the number of shares held by them.
- Ensure that number of members voted against the resolution for change of name should not be more than one third of the total number of members present at the meeting.
- Certified true copy of minutes of the general meeting of the members where the special resolution was passed for change of name of the company is required to be attached.
- Copy of any approval order obtained from the concerned authorities (such as RBI, IRDA, SEBI etc.) or the concerned department.
- If change of name is due to change in main activity of the company, a certificate from chartered accountant regarding turnover details from new activity should be enclosed
|The Companies (Registration offices and fees) Rules, 2014 Application made||Other than OPC & Small company||OPC & Small company|
|(i)||By a company having an authorized share capital of:a) Up to Rupees 25,00,000b) Above Rupees 25,00,000 but up to Rupees 50,00,000
c) Above Rupees 50,00,000 but up to Rupees 5,00,00,000
d) Above Rupees 5,00,00,000 but up to Rupees 10 crore or more
e) Above Rupees 10 crore
|(ii)||By a company limited by guarantee but not having a share capital||2,000||N/A|
|(iii)||By a company having a valid license issued under section 8 of the Act (Section 8 Company)||2,000||N/A|
Please note: I welcome your comments and feedback. This blog post is not a professional advice. Readers may share this post on social media by using buttons given here.
is there any time limit for filing form inc-24
Why did you not read post carefully?
It is 60 days form date of INC – 60.
Pingback: Index of Companies Law Posts | AishMGhrana
Pingback: Index of Companies Law Posts - Krantikari Post
In Form INC 24 Point No. 6 name of the Company at the time of incorporation (to be displayed in the certificate) what shall be filled?
First name which was there at the time of incorporation