Intimation to Registrar of revocation/surrender of license issued under section 8
- eForm INC-20 is required to be filed pursuant to section 8 (4) & 8 (6) of the Companies Act, 2013 and rule 23 of Companies (Incorporation) Rules, 2014
- License granted to a company under section 8 may be revoked by the Central Government and on such revocation or the company itself wants to surrender the license granted, an intimation of such revocation or surrender of license shall be filed with the Registrar by the company in eForm INC-20. Registrar shall enter the word(s) “Limited” or “Private Limited” as the case may be at the end of the name of the company and the company shall cease to enjoy the exemptions/privileges granted to it under section 8 of the Act.
- User shall ensure that company filing the eForm is not defaulting in filing annual returns and financial statements for any year.
- User is required to select the options whether application is being filed voluntary or on directions of Central Government.
- Ensure that eForm INC-18 for conversion of section 8 company into any other kind must have been filed and approved in case voluntary option is selected by the user.Enter the details of the order (date of issue of order and due date for filing the order) issued by the Regional Director in case of surrender and details of order (date of issue of order and due date for filing the order) issued by Central Government in case of revocation.
- Enter the details of approved SRN of eForm INC-18 in case of surrender of license.
- Enter the reason for revocation/ surrender of such license.
- Enter the name of the company after revocation/ surrender of license with the addition of the word private limited or limited as the case maybe.
- Copy of Order of Central Government
- Certified true copy of altered memorandum and articles of association
- It is mandatory to attach declaration of directors for compliance of conditions in case of surrender of license
Fee: Rs. 2000/-
Please note: I welcome your comments and feedback. This blog post is not a professional advice. Readers may share this post on social media by using buttons given here.